Welcome to BREEZES Day Spa in Cape Charles
Whether you are seeking preventitive care, anti-aging or problematic skin solutions we are confident we can dramatically enhance the health and appearance of your skin.
Start your journey here to a healthier looking skin. Reserve your consultation now and the Breezes Team of experts will customize the ideal program for you.
Here Comes the Sun...Now Watch Out!
Since July is UV Safety Month, now is a great time to separate fact from fiction about sun protection. We might think we know everything about defending our skin against the sun's damaging rays, but let's put that knowledge to the test with a little game fact or fiction!
- Sunscreens with SPF 100 are twice as strong as those with SPF 50: Fiction The breakdown goes like this: SPF 15 protects you against 93% of UVB rays. SPF 30 is 97%, SPF 50 is 98%, and SPF 100 is roughly 99%, according to the American Academy of Dermatology. So, it's not even close to being twice as strong!
- Apply sunscreen all over your body before getting dressed: Fact It might sound strange to grease up before getting dressed, but most clothing - especially the more lightweight fashions of summer - do not protect your entire body from the sun's damaging rays. In fact, your average white T-shirt only has an SPF value of about 7, and if it gets wet, it's even lower, according to the Skin Cancer Foundation. So, it's important to apply sunscreen all over your body - even where the sun don't shine - before getting dressed for the day!
- If you get a base tan, you won't burn: Fiction Any sign of color or discoloration to the natural color of your skin is actually not a good thing. The more sun you get - even if you don't burn - the greater your chances of developing melanoma. Getting a base tan doesn't even ensure that you won't soon burn. But, if you're looking for that bronzed look for summer, a spray tan or a self-tanning lotion is your healthiest choice. Book your spray tan with us today!
- Apply sunscreen 15 minutes before sun exposure and re-apply every 2 hours: Fact Yes. This age-old rule is remains true. You want to give the sunscreen time to fully absorb into your skin before going outside. This includes before getting into your car as well because your car windows - even if they are tinted - don't protect you from the sun's rays. When you are out and about, you really can't over-apply sunscreen, but the general rule is still every two hours. Most water-resistant sunscreens, however, should be re-applied every 80 minutes. When in doubt - reapply and follow the bottle's instructions.
- One sunscreen does it all: Fiction Just so you're not tempted by the ice-cream truck that passes by or the beach concessions stand with hot dogs and fries, try packing some cool and healthy treats of your own, such as frozen grapes or for a guiltier pleasure - frozen chocolate covered acai berries.
- Getting a tan can zap your zits away: Fiction People think that the sun dries up zits, but really it can cause a buildup of dead skin cells that can clog pours more. The best way to treat zits is to treat your skin better by coming in for regular facials and using exfoliating and deep cleansing products at home. Book your facial today and ask our aesthetician for skin care products for your at-home use.
Come visit BREEZES to stock up on your summer sunscreen needs today! You can also book your spray tan - a healthier alternative to a suntan. And, don't forget, if you did get too much sun, a cooling facial is a great after-sun treatment. Book your summer skin care treatments today!
Like us on Facebook and always be in the know!
Call for Appointment
321 Mason Ave
Cape Charles, Virginia
Spring Openings Hours
- Tuesday - 9:30am - 5pm
- Wednesday - 9:30am - 5pm
- Thursday - 9:30am - 5pm
- Friday - 9:30am - 5pm
- Saturday - 9:30am - 6pm
- Sun - Monclosed
- While we have set our openings hours we still work behind "Closed Doors". Just give us a call if you would like to schedule an afterhours appointment.